How do I take a urine sample?
Relax and follow these simple steps
Men need to give a urine (pee) sample to test for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, mycoplasma genitalium, and trichomonas.
- Don’t pee for 1 to 2 hours before you give your sample.
- Wash and dry your hands before opening the sample kit.
- Put the collection pouch on a clean, flat surface near to the toilet.
- When you’re ready, pee into the pouch. It’s important to catch the first pee that comes out as this gives the test the best chance of being accurate.
- Any extra pee can go into the toilet.
- Use the dropper to collect some of the pee from the pouch and squirt it into the collection tube.